Stopovers: Canada, Toronto (Air Canada (AC)) | Finland, Helsinki (Finnair (AY)) | Iceland, Reykjavik (Icelandair (FI)) | Iceland, Reykjavik (WOW Air (WW)) | Kenya, Nairobi Kenya Airways (KQ)) | Panama, Panama City (Copa Airlines (CM)) | Portugal, Azores (Azores Airlines (S4)) | Portugal (Lisbon, Porto) (TAP Portugal (TP)) | Singapore (Singapore Airlines (SQ)) | Turkey, Istanbul (Turkish Airlines (TK)) | United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi (Etihad (EY))
Turkey, Istanbul Stopover Turkish Airlines (TK)
Turkish Airlines | twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
How does it work?
The Istanbul Stopover by Turkish Airlines allows you to stopover in the capital city of Istanbul for more than 20 hours enroute to another Turkish Airlines destination.
This means that as long as you are on a return trip passing through Istanbul from say the U.S. to say Africa, Eastern Europe, Balkans, Southern Europe, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Russia, Iran, Kazakhstan; you are eligible for this program. The return journey also works as well.
Here are the details of the program per the Turkish Airlines’ Web site:
- Stopovers are for select cities and countries defined by Turkish Airlines.
- The departure and return country of the round trip must be the same for a stopover to apply.
- Free accommodation is available for round-trip tickets.
- Free accommodation can be used on the outbound or return journey.
- Visa fees, the cost of travel around the city, and cost of travel between the airport and hotel are borne by the passenger. (Some hotels may have a special offer, so check that out).
- Free accommodation is available to passengers with a stopover lasting 20 hours or more.
- Free accommodation is available for flights operated by Turkish Airlines.
- Passengers can take advantage of free accommodation using their ticket number.
So determine where you’d like to go in the Turkish Airlines network, and then add an extra day or two during your Istanbul connection and make it happen.
Start your booking now and explore the different facets of this stopover offer.
Things to Note:
- Baggage Policy
- Fleet – Airbus A319-132/100, A320-200, A321-200, A330-200, A330-300, A340-300, Boeing 737-700, Boeing 737-800, Boeing 737-900ER and Boeing 777-300ER.
- Frequent Flyer Information – The program is called Miles & Smiles with four levels. Turkish Airlines is a Star Alliance member so that means you can earn miles in any of the partner programs while flying Turkish. You should ensure that you check the fare bucket for your ticket to see what percentage of the allotted miles for the journey you will receive.
- Here is a list of the Star Alliance partners: Aegean Airlines (A3), Adria Airways (JP), Air Canada (AC), Air China (CA), Air India (AI), Air New Zealand (NZ), ANA (NH), Asiana Airlines (OZ), Austrian (OS), Avianca (AV), brussels airlines (SN), JetBlue (B6), Copa Airlines (CM), Croatia Airlines (OU), Egyptair (MS), Ethiopian Airlines (ET), EVA Air (BR), LOT Polish (LO), Lufthansa (LH), SAS (SK), Shenzhen Airlines (ZH), Singapore Airlines (SQ), South African Airways (SA), Swiss (LX), TAP Portugal (TP), Thai Airways (TG), Turkish Airlines (TK) and United Airlines (UA)
- Here is a list of the other airline partners: AnadoluJet
- Visa Requirements – A visa is required for U.S. citizens. You can find additional information here. Other citizens check with your local consulates. Select countries can apply for an eVisa. Check this page for details – http://www.mfa.gov.tr/visa-information-for-foreigners.en.mfa and if you’re eligible for an eVisa, head over to https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/ to apply.
Turkish Airlines has a worldwide network of destination. This is a combination of flights flown on Turkish’s airplanes as well as that of its codeshare partners. Turkish is a member of Star Alliance, so in the U.S., its primary Star Alliance partner is United Airlines.
You can view all Turkish Airlines’ destinations here.
Destinations served to/from Canada and the U.S. using Turkish Airlines’ airplanes to/from Istanbul, Turkey
- Atlanta, GA (ATL)
- Boston, MA (BOS)
- Chicago-O’Hare, IL (ORD)
- Houston-Intercontinental, TX (IAH)
- Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
- Miami, FL (MIA)
- Montreal, QB Canada (YUL)
- New York-JFK, NY USA (JFK)
- Toronto, ON Canada (YYZ)
- Washington-Dulles, DC (IAD)