Stopovers: Canada, Toronto (Air Canada (AC)) | Finland, Helsinki (Finnair (AY)) | Iceland, Reykjavik (Icelandair (FI)) | Iceland, Reykjavik (WOW Air (WW)) | Italy, Rome (Alitalia (AZ)) | Kazakhstan, Almaty and Astana (Air Astana (KC)) | Kenya, Nairobi Kenya Airways (KQ)) | Panama, Panama City (Copa Airlines (CM)) | Portugal, Azores (Azores Airlines (S4)) | Portugal (Lisbon, Porto) (TAP Portugal (TP)) | Singapore (Singapore Airlines (SQ)) | Switzerland, Geneva and Zurich, SWISS (LAX) | Turkey, Istanbul (Turkish Airlines (TK)) | United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi (Etihad (EY))
Switzerland, Geneva Stopover SWISS (LX)
How does it work?
The Switzerland Stopover by SWISS and the Swiss Tourist Board allows you to stopover in Switzerland. Book your flights, decide how long is your trip, mention the number of days you want to stopover and if its in both directions or one as long as its between 1 to 4 days.
The system will book your ticket as well as the Stopover package.
Start your booking now and explore the different facets of this stopover offer.
Things to Note:
- Baggage Policy
- Fleet – Airbus A319, A320, A321, A330-300, A340-300, Boeing 777-300ER, Bombardier CS100, CS300.
- Frequent Flyer Information – The program is called Miles&More. SWISS is a Star Alliance member so that means you can earn miles in any of the partner programs while flying SWISS. You should ensure that you check the fare bucket for your ticket to see what percentage of the allotted miles for the journey you will receive.
- Here is a list of theStar Alliance partners: Aegean Airlines (A3), Adria Airways (JP), Air Canada (AC), Air China (CA), Air India (AI), Air New Zealand (NZ), ANA (NH), Asiana Airlines (OZ), Austrian (OS), Avianca (AV), brussels airlines (SN), JetBlue (B6), Copa Airlines (CM), Croatia Airlines (OU), Egyptair (MS), Ethiopian Airlines (ET), EVA Air (BR), LOT Polish (LO), Lufthansa (LH), SAS (SK), Shenzhen Airlines (ZH), Singapore Airlines (SQ), South African Airways (SA), Swiss (LX), TAP Portugal (TP), Thai Airways (TG), Turkish Airlines (TK) and United Airlines (UA).
- Visa Requirements – No visa is required for U.S. citizens with stays up to 90 days. You can find additional information here. Other citizens check with your local consulates. Also, check the visa requirements for the other cities you are visiting.
SWISS has a worldwide network of destination. This is a combination of flights flown on SWISS’ airplanes as well as that of its codeshare partners. SWISS is a member of Star Alliance, so in the U.S., its primary Star Alliance partners in North America are Air Canada and United Air Lines.
You can view all SWISS’ destinations here.
Destinations served to/from Canada and the U.S. using SWISS’ airplanes to/from Geneva or Zurich, Switzerland
- Boston, MA (BOS)
- Chicago-O’Hare, IL (ORD)
- Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
- Montreal, QB Canada (YUL)
- New York-JFK, NY USA (JFK)
- San Francisco, CA (SFO)