Stopovers: Canada, Toronto (Air Canada (AC)) | Finland, Helsinki (Finnair (AY)) | Iceland, Reykjavik (Icelandair (FI)) | Iceland, Reykjavik (WOW Air (WW)) | Italy, Rome (Alitalia (AZ)) | Kenya, Nairobi Kenya Airways (KQ)) | Panama, Panama City (Copa Airlines (CM)) | Portugal, Azores (Azores Airlines (S4)) | Portugal (Lisbon, Porto) (TAP Portugal (TP)) | Singapore (Singapore Airlines (SQ)) | Turkey, Istanbul (Turkish Airlines (TK)) | United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi (Etihad (EY))
Rome, Italy Stopover Alitalia (AZ)
How does it work?
The Rome Stopover by Alitalia Airlines allows you to stopover in Rome if you are continuing to one of Alitalia’s destination until December 31, 2018. This works in both directions.
Here are the details of the program per the Alitalia Web site:
- Check that your flight is eligible for the stopover as defined by Alitalia.
- Contact the Call Center to book the offer for the flight with Stopover
- If you wish, book your room through the weblink sent to you by our Customer Center operator, directly on the partner hotel website (¹). Thanks to the cooperation with Federalberghi, the room will be offered to you at a special price, subject to availability and conditions described on the hotel website
- Print and bring the Alitalia ticket along with two copies of the email sent to you by the Alitalia Customer Center. The emails need to be shown at the hotel and to the Aeroporti di Roma baggage deposit, if you wish to use these services.
- If you wish, you can leave your baggage at the Rome Fiumicino airport for up to 72 hours at no additional cost, so you can visit the city freely. This service is offered by Aeroporti di Roma.
Start your booking now and explore the different facets of this stopover offer.
Things to Note:
- Baggage Policy
- Fleet – Airbus A319, A320, A321, A330, Boeing 777-200ER, Embraer 175 and 190.
- Frequent Flyer Information – The program is called Millemiglia. Alitalia is a SkyTeam member so that means you can earn miles in any of the partner programs while flying Alitalia. You should ensure that you check the fare bucket for your ticket to see what percentage of the allotted miles for the journey you will receive.
- Here is a list of the SkyTeam partners: Aegean Airlines (A3), Adria Airways (JP), Air Canada (AC), Air China (CA), Air India (AI), Air New Zealand (NZ), ANA (NH), Asiana Airlines (OZ), Austrian (OS), Avianca (AV), brussels airlines (SN), JetBlue (B6), Copa Airlines (CM), Croatia Airlines (OU), Egyptair (MS), Ethiopian Airlines (ET), EVA Air (BR), LOT Polish (LO), Lufthansa (LH), SAS (SK), Shenzhen Airlines (ZH), Singapore Airlines (SQ), South African Airways (SA), Swiss (LX), TAP Portugal (TP), Thai Airways (TG), Turkish Airlines (TK) and United Airlines (UA)
- Here is a list of the other airline partners: AnadoluJet
- Visa Requirements – No visa is required for U.S. citizens with stays up to 90 days. You can find additional information here. Other citizens check with your local consulates.
Alitalia has a worldwide network of destination. This is a combination of flights flown on Alitalia’s airplanes as well as that of its codeshare partners. Alitalia is a member of SkyTeam, so in the U.S., its primary SkyTeam partner is Delta Air Lines.
Destinations served to/from Canada and the U.S. using Alitalia’s airplanes to/from Rome, Italy
- Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
- Miami, FL (MIA)
- Montreal, QB Canada (YUL)
- New York-JFK, NY USA (JFK)
- Toronto, ON Canada (YYZ)