Stopovers: Canada, Toronto (Air Canada (AC)) | Finland, Helsinki (Finnair (AY) | Iceland, Reykjavik (Icelandair (FI) | Iceland, Reykjavik (WOW Air (WW) | Panama, Panama City (Copa Airlines (CM) | Portugal, Azores (Azores Airlines (S4)) | Portugal (Lisbon, Porto) (TAP Portugal (TP)) | Singapore (Singapore Airlines (SQ)) | Turkey, Istanbul (Turkish Airlines (TK) | United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi (Etihad (EY))
Portugal, Azores Stopover Azores Airlines (S4)
Azores Airlines | twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
How does it work?
The Azores Stopover by Azores Airlines allows you to stopover in the Azores to/from the U.S., Africa or Europe.
You can spend a few hours or a few nights (up to 7 nights) when traveling in either direction of your trip. All at no additional air fare cost. However, all other additional costs such as hotel, ground transportation, etc. are at your expense.
The Azores is a group islands, you get to choose the stopover island of choice either on the first leg or the second leg of your trip. You can stopover in Ponta Delgada and/or Terceira. I’ve been to Ponta Delgada and whoa!
Here are some general terms from their Web site:
- Available for one way or round trip routes.
- Stopover Açores can be used on one of the routes of the journey, either outbound or the inbound.
- Stopover Açores is available for all fares basis classes.
- Available for regular flights operated by Azores Airlines.
- Passengers under 18 years old are only eligible for Stopover Açores when accompanied by an adult.
Start your booking now and explore the different facets of this stopover offer.
Things to Note
- Baggage Policy
- Fleet – Airbus A320-200, A321-neo, A330-200, A340-200, Boeing 737-800 and De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400 Dash 8Q
- Frequent Flyer Information – The program is called SATA IMAGINE with three levels.
- Visa Requirements – No visa required for U.S. citizens. You can find additional information here. Other citizens check with your local consulates.
Azores Airlines has destinations in Europe, Africa, the U.S. and Canada. The eligible flights must be flown on Azores’ aircraft only. Here are the destinations services in Africa and Europe:
- Barcelona, Spain (BCN)
- Cape Verde
- Lisbon, Portugal (LIS)
- London-Gatwick, England (LGW)
- Frankfurt, Germany (FRA)
- Gran Canaria
- Porto, Portugal (OPO)
You can view all Azores Airlines destinations here.
Destinations served to/from the Canada and the U.S. using Azores’ airplanes to/from the Azores
- Boston, MA (BOS)
- Montreal, Quebec Canada (YUL)
- Oakland, CA (OAK)
- Providence, RI (PVD)
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada (YYZ)