Stopovers: Canada, Toronto (Air Canada (AC)) | Finland, Helsinki (Finnair (AY)) | Iceland, Reykjavik (Icelandair (FI)) | Iceland, Reykjavik (WOW Air (WW)) | Kenya, Nairobi (Kenya Airways (KQ)) Panama, Panama City (Copa Airlines (CM) | Portugal, Azores (Azores Airlines (S4)) | Portugal (Lisbon, Porto) (TAP Portugal (TP)) | Singapore (Singapore Airlines (SQ)) | Turkey, Istanbul (Turkish Airlines (TK)) | United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi (Etihad (EY))
Kenya, Nairobi National Park Stopover Kenya Airways (KQ)
Turkish Airlines | twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
How does it work?
The Nairobi National park Stopover by Kenya Airways (KQ) allows you to stop in Nairobi for about 4 hrs. This opportunity gives you just enough time to be a guest of Kenya Tourism who will whisk you off to see some wildlife. You have the opportunity to possibly see the endangered black rhino, lions, leopards, cheetahs, hyenas, buffaloes, giraffes and diverse bird life.
Once you arrive, at the Jomo Kenyatta International airport (NBO), someone from Kenya Airways will take it from there and before you know it, you will be on safari.
So determine where you’d like to go in the Kenya Airways network, while flying from London on KQ101, and then add an extra day or two during your Nairobi connection and make it happen. You are only eligible if you are connecting from London-Heathrow airport to the following cities:
- Kigali, Rwanda
- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
- Entebbe, Uganda
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Djibouti, Djibouti
- Bujumbura, Burundi
Start your booking now and explore the different facets of this stopover offer.
Things to Note
Boeing 737-700, Boeing 737-800, Boeing 787-8 and the Embraer ERJ-190.
Frequent Flyer Information
The program is called Flying Blue, yes, that’s the same program as Air France/KLM with four levels. Kenya Airways is a SkyTeam Alliance member so that means you can earn miles in any of the partner programs while flying Kenya Airways. You should ensure that you check the fare bucket for your ticket to see what percentage of the allotted miles for the journey you will receive.
- Here is a list of the SkyTeam partners: Aeroflot, Aerolineas Argentinas, AeroMexico, Air Europa, Air France, Alitalia, China Airlines, China Eastern, China Southern, Czech Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Garuda Indonesia, Kenya Airways, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Korean Air, Middle East Airlines, Saudia, TAROM, Vietnam Airlines and Xiamen Airlines.
- Here is a list of the other airline partners: Air Burkina, Air Mauritius, Air Mozambique, Air Namibia, Egyptair, Etihad, Hong Kong Airlines, JamboJet, Jet Airway, Kulula, Oman Air, Precision Air and Royal Air Maroc.
– A visa is required for U.S. citizens as well as a Yellow Fever vaccination. You can find additional information here. Other citizens check with your local consulates. You can apply for your eVisa at http://evisa.go.ke/transit-visa.html and Kenya Airways will reimburse the cost of the visa. This visa will allow you to transit for up to 72 hours.
Kenya Airways serves destinations in Africa, Asia and Europe. As they are a SyTeam member you can fly worldwide to additional codeshared destinations or those operated by SkyTeam partners. In the U.S., its primary SkyTeam partner is Delta Air Lines.
You can view all Kenya Airways’ destinations here.
Destinations served to/from Europe using Kenya Airways’ airplanes to/from Nairobi, Kenya
- Amsterdam, Netherlands (AMS)
- London-Heathrow, United Kingdom (LHR)
- Paris-Charles de Gaulle, France (CDG)
Note: Only the KQ101 from London will qualify for this stopover.