Stopovers: Canada, Toronto (Air Canada (AC)) | Finland, Helsinki (Finnair (AY) | Iceland, Reykjavik (Icelandair (FI)) | Iceland, Reykjavik (WOW Air (WW) | Panama, Panama City (Copa Airlines (CM) | Portugal, Azores (Azores Airlines (S4)) | Portugal (Lisbon, Porto) (TAP Portugal (TP)) | Singapore (Singapore Airlines (SQ)) | Turkey, Istanbul (Turkish Airlines (TK) | United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi (Etihad (EY))
Iceland, Reykjavik Stopover Icelandair (FI)
How does it work?
The Icelandair Stopover allows you to stop in Iceland for up to seven nights at no additional airfare charge as you make your way to your final destination in Europe when departing the Canada or the U.S. It also works if you are heading in the other direction.
Start your booking now and explore the different facets of this great deal.
They have one of the best sites for booking stopovers as it visually shows you the itinerary as you construct it and you can make changes as you continue as well.
Icelandair Stopover Buddy Program
Icelandair have also created a fantastic program called the Stopover Buddy. Here they pair you up with an Icelandair employee for a day who shows you the local ropes. Pretty ingenious, I’d say. And best of all, its free of charge. You can find details about the Icelandair Stopover Buddy Program here.
Things to Note:
- Wifi – available at a charge gate to gate. Loyalty pays off as Saga Class flyers and Saga Gold members receive complimentary Wi-Fi access for up to two devices.
- Baggage Policy – Most common (Economy Class): 2 bags weighing up to 23kg (50lbs) each; max size 63″. More allowance is received based on the fare you pay and the cabin of service. Ensure that you comply with all the baggage rules to avoid extra charges.
- Fleet – Boeing 757-200s, 757-300s, 767-300ERs and the Bombardier Q400s.
- Frequent Flyer Information – They have their own program called Saga Club. Ensure you become a member if you are not already one. every mile counts. Icelandair is also affiliated with Alaska Airlines and Finnair, which means you can earn miles on these two airlines’ programs when you fly Icelandair.
Destinations served in the Canada and the U.S.
- Anchorage, AK USA (ANC)
- Boston, MA USA (BOS)
- Chicago-O’Hare, IL (ORD)
- Denver, CO (DEN)
- Edmonton, AB Canada (YEG)
- Halifax, NS Canada (YHZ)
- New York-JFK, NY USA (JFK)
- Orlando, FL USA (MCO)
- Portland, OR USA (PDX)
- Seattle, WA USA (SEA)
- Vancouver, BC Canada (YVR)
- Washington, D.C. ()
Destinations served in Europe
- Amsterdam, Netherlands (AMS)
- Brussels, Belgium (BRU)
- Copenhagen, Denmark (CPH)
- Frankfurt, Germany (FRA)
- Oslo, Norway (OSL)
Destinations served in Iceland
- Akureyri, Iceland