Stopovers: Canada, Toronto (Air Canada (AC)) | Finland, Helsinki (Finnair (AY) | Iceland, Reykjavik (Icelandair (FI) | Iceland, Reykjavik (WOW Air (WW) | Panama, Panama City (Copa Airlines (CM) | Portugal, Azores (Azores Airlines (S4)) | Portugal (Lisbon, Porto) (TAP Portugal (TP)) | Singapore (Singapore Airlines (SQ)) | Turkey, Istanbul (Turkish Airlines (TK) | United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi (Etihad (EY))
Finland, Helsinki Stopover Finnair (AY)
How does it work?
If you are visiting Finnair’s European destinations or the destinations of its codeshared partners, then it makes sense to stop in Helsinki with no additional airfare cost and experience Finland. Finnair and the Finnish Tourist Board allow you to book a stopover from 5 hours to five nights without an additional airfare. You can arrange this in any direction of your trip except arriving from the U.S. where there is an extra charge, albeit nominal. The special stopover fares are targeted at travelers originating in Asia (Japan, Peoples Republic of China and South Korea).
The Finnish Tourist Board supports Finnair by offering things to do on your stopover. There are packages available from five hours to five days. You can find details here.
Start your booking now and explore the different facets of this great deal.
Things to Note:
- Airport Lounges – Finnair has its own Lounges in select airports. These are oases from the hectic life of the airport. Typically, you will find complimentary Wifi, comfy seats, food, drinks, some have showers and other creature comforts. As Finnair is a member of the oneworld Alliance you also have access to the Lounges for the Alliance members as well if you have the right status levels or are flying in premium cabins. You may also purchase Lounge access with money and Finnair Plus points.
- Amenities – Two cabins of service are offered Business Class and Economy Class. There is a Business class on long haul international flights as well as Business Class within Europe and to/from the Middle East. The international Business class has lie flat seats on select routes and flights for your added comfort. Wifi is available on the new Airbus A350-900s. Wifi is complimentary if you are flying in Business Class. In addition, it is also complimentary for for Finnair Plus Gold and Platinum members and oneworld Sapphire and Emerald members. Intercontinental flights offer audio/video entertainment system with the latest entertainment choices.
- Luggage Policy – Finnair allows you one free piece of luggage with the maximum weight of 23 kg (50 lbs) and external dimensions (length + width + height) of up to 158 cm (62 in). The carry-on policy is 56cm x 45cm x 25cm. They do have a luggage calculator to help you figure it all out.
- Fleet – Airbus A319, A320, A321, A321-200, A330-300, A340-300, A350-900 and the Embraer 170, 190
- Frequent Flyer Information – Finnair has their own program called Finnair Plus and are also members of the oneworld Alliance. Ensure you join the program if you have not already done so as every mile counts. In addition to being a member of the oneworld Alliance, Finnair is also affiliated with flybe., and Icelandair which means you can also earn miles on these two airlines’ programs when you fly Finnair.
- Seat Assignments – Finnair does offer a service to purchase seat assignments in advance of your departure date. Depending on your elite status, the ticket you old and the airline you are flying, you can receive a complimentary advanced seats assignment.
Finnair serves destinations in Asia and Australia, Europe, North American and The Middle East.
Destinations served in the U.S. by Finnair’s airplanes (Note: Finnair is a oneworld partner and offers codeshared service American Airlines, British Airways and Iberia)
- Chicago, IL USA (ORD) – five times weekly seasonal service from May 6, 2016 to 6 October 2016
- Miami, FL USA (MIA)
- New York-JFK, NY USA (JFK)
Destinations served in Asia and Australia
You can find all the destinations served in Asia and Australia by Finnair and its partners here.
Destination served in Europe
Finnair serves most of the major European destinations. You can find a full list here.