Stopovers: Canada, Toronto (Air Canada (AC)) | Finland, Helsinki (Finnair (AY) | Iceland, Reykjavik (Icelandair (FI) | Iceland, Reykjavik (WOW Air (WW) | Panama, Panama City (Copa Airlines (CM) | Portugal, Azores (Azores Airlines (S4)) | Portugal (Lisbon, Porto) (TAP Portugal (TP)) | Singapore (Singapore Airlines (SQ)) | Turkey, Istanbul (Turkish Airlines (TK) | United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi (Etihad (EY))
United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi Stopover Etihad (EY)
How does it work?
The Etihad Abu Dhabi Stopover is unique as it provides different ways to stopover depending your length of time, religion and budget. Etihad has made it easy to book these stopovers online, so not to worry. Here is a look at how they work:
- Essential Abu Dhabi Stopover – You can make this as simple as possible, i.e. just book a hotel and be on your own, or you can do special tours and other activities. They have special 2 for 1 deals to help you out. All bookable on their site. The key deal with this stopover is that if you stay two hotel nights, the second one is free! Plus you can stay in either Abu Dhabi or Dubai. Etihad has a special coach the goes between the two cities at an additional charge. You may also be able to get it for free since your connecting flight is leaving from Abu Dhabi.
- Essential Abu Dhabi Transit – This one is particularly designed for golfers as if you have anywhere from six to 12 hours of transit time, then head over to the Yas Links Abu Dhabi Golf Course for a round of golf or some pool pampering time. Either way you get to check out the beautiful Yas Islands only about twenty minutes from the airport.
- Premium Stopover – I like this one :-). If you fly First Class you’ll get two complimentary nights in a five star property in either Abu Dhabi or Dubai. Not to worry the Business class passengers are taken care of as well, with one complimentary night stay. Either way, I think its worth stopping over. Here are the current hotel choices:
- Anantara Eastern Mangroves Hotel & Spa
- Intercontinental Abu Dhabi Hotel
- Jumeirah at Etihad Towers
- Shangri La Hotel, Qarat Al Beri
- The Ritz Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal
- The Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi
- The St. Regis Abu Dhabi
- Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers in Dubai
- Islamic City Stopover –
Start your booking now and explore the different facets of this great deal.
Things to Note
- Baggage Policy – More allowance is received based on the fare you pay and the cabin of service. Ensure that you comply with all the baggage rules to avoid extra charges.
- Fleet – Airbus A319-100, A320-200, A321-200, A330-200, A330-300, A340-500, A340-600, A380-800. Boeing 777-200LR, 777-300ER, and the 787-9.
- Frequent Flyer Information – The program is called Etihad Guest. Ensure you become a member if you are not already one as every mile counts. Although Etihad is not a member of one of the three large airline alliances, Etihad partners with several airline partners across these alliances and others that are not a part of the alliances. So you get the best of the world since you still earn miles in your favorite program while flying Etihad. You should ensure that you check the fare bucket for your ticket to see what percentage of the allotted miles for the journey you will receive. Here is a list of the partners: Aegean Airlines (A3), Aer Lingus (EI), Aerolineas Argentinas (AR), air Baltic (BT), Air Canada (AC), air Europe (UX), Air France (AF), Air Malta (KM), Air New Zealand (NZ), ANA (NH), American Airlines (AA), Asiana Airlines (OZ), Bangkok Airways (PG), Belavia (B2), brussels airlines (SN), Czech Airlines (OZ), flybe. (BE), flynas (XY, Garuda Indonesia (GA), GOL (G3), Hong Kong Airlines (HX), JetBlue (B6)Kenya Airways (KQ), KLM (KL), Korean Air (KE), Malaysia Airlines (MH), MEA Airlines (ME), Niki (HG), Pakistan International Airlines (PK), Philippine Airlines (PA), Royal Air Maroc (AT)S7 Airlines (S7), SAS (SK)SNCF (2C) this is a rail service based in France, South African Airways (SA), SriLankan Airlines (UL), TAP Portugal (TP), Turkish Airlines (TK) and Vietnam Airlines (VN).
- Visa Requirements –
Etihad has a network of destinations that spans Africa, The Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe and The Middle East. In the U.S. they have an extensive codeshare with American Airlines, so you can connect to one of their U.S. destinations to which they fly their own aircraft and then get to Abu Dhabi nonstop. So you can go almost anywhere you’d like in the world on Etihad. I’ve showcased the Americas destinations below. See all the Etihad destinations.
- Chicago-O’Hare, IL USA (ORD)
- Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX USA (DFW)
- Los Angeles, CA USA (LAX)
- New York-JFK, NY USA (JFK)
- San Francisco, CA USA (SFO)
- Toronto, ON Canada (YYZ)
- Washington-Dulles, D.C. USA (IAD)