Madrid, Spain Stopover Iberia (IB)
If you’re looking for an additional place to visit in Europe, consider a Madrid, Spain Stopover.
Stopovers: Canada, Toronto (Air Canada (AC)) | Finland, Helsinki (Finnair (AY) | Iceland, Reykjavik (Icelandair (FI) | Iceland, Reykjavik (WOW Air (WW) | Panama, Panama City (Copa Airlines (CM) | Portugal, Azores (Azores Airlines (S4)) | Portugal (Lisbon, Porto) (TAP Portugal (TP)) | Singapore (Singapore Airlines (SQ)) | Turkey, Istanbul (Turkish Airlines (TK) | United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi (Etihad (EY))
Social Media Contact Information
How does it work?
Iberia offers you to turn your layover into a destination. With Stopover Hola Madrid you can spend 1 to 6 nights in the capital of Spain and enjoy the wide variety of cultural activities, accommodation, shopping, catering and leisure with exclusive discounts.
Start your booking now and explore the different facets of this stopover offer.
Things to Note
- Baggage Policy
- Fleet – Airbus A319-100, A320-200, A321-200, A320neo, A330-200, A330-300, A340-600 and A350-900. There’s also Air Nostrum which has the Bombardier CRJ-200, CRJ-900 and CRJ-1000 and the ATR-72. Iberia Express also operates for Iberia flying the Airbus A200.
- Frequent Flyer Information – The program is called Iberia Plus and is associated with the Avios program from British Airways. Iberia is a part of the oneworld Alliance.
- Here is a list of the oneworld Alliance partners: American Airlines (AA), British Airways (BA), Cathay Pacific (CX), Finnair (AY), Japan Airlines (JL), LATAM (LA), Malaysia Airlines (MH), Qantas (QF), Qatar (QR), Royal Air Maroc (AT), S7 Airlines (S7), Sri Lankan Airlines (UL),
- Here is a list of the other partners: Air Italy (IG), Binter (NT), interJet airlines (4O), Level and Vueling (VY)
- Visa Requirements – No visa required for U.S. citizens traveling to Madrid. You can find additional information here. Other citizens check with your local consulates.
TAP Portugal has a network of destinations that is worldwide. This is a combination of flights flown on TAP Portugal’s airplanes as well as that of its codeshare partners. TAP Portugal is a member of Star Alliance, so in the U.S., its primary Star Alliance partner is United Airlines. They also have a partnership with AZUL Brasil and JetBlue.
You can view all Iberia destinations here.
Destinations served to/from the the U.S. using Iberia’s airplanes to/from Madrid, Spain (MAD)
- Boston, MA (BOS)
- Chicago-O’Hare (ORD)
- Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
- Miami, FL (MIA)
- New York-JFK, NY USA (JFK)
- San Juan, PR USA (SJU)
Destinations served to/from the the Mexico using Iberia’s airplanes to/from Madrid, Spain (MAD)
- Mexico City, Mexico (MEX)