Houston, TX Wed. 16 Sep. 2009. When I booked this reservations last night, I was not happy with it. I knew I had to accomplish Newburgh, NY (SWF) so my mind continued to race as to how to accomplish this task. Then it came to me how to do it, but I had to position myself in NY to do it. It also means that I have to get transportation from Newburgh, NY (SWF) to JFK to catch my flight home to Houston, TX on Sunday.
After checking Google, I noticed that Metro North has a train that I can just make which will get me to JFK about two hours before the Houston flight. With that in mind, I called my school chum in the Bronx and told him I was finally coming to visit. His wife seemed O.K. with it, but it means late night for them on Friday night so I think I will rent a car to alleviate that pressure. Here is the itinerary I came up after calling jetBlue yet a second time. This time the lady was more pleasant than the last one.
- Houston-Intercontinental (IAH)-New York-LaGuardia (LGA) 18SEP09
- New York-John F. Kennedy (JFK)-Santiago, DR (STI) 19SEP09
- STI-Puerta Plata, DR (POP) via local transportation 19SEP09
- POP-JFK 19SEP09
- JFK-Rochester, NY (ROC) 19SEP09
- ROC-Orlando, FL (MCO) 20SEP09
- MCO-Newburgh, NY (SWF) 20SEP09
- SWF-JFK via Metro North/NYC Subway or rented car 20SEP09
- JFK-Houston-Hobby (HOU) 20SEP09