It’s no secret that loyalty pays in any industry; the airline industry is no different. The airlines are always trying to lure customers from the competition and this is the latest move by Alitalia with their current Millemiglia Status Match. Some airlines like American Airlines have standing match programs while others is seasonal, etc.
So how does the Millemiglia Status Match work?
You email them your proof of current elite status on non-SkyTeam airline and they will match accordingly:
- Silver Elite – Ulisse Club (SkyTeam Elite)
- Gold Elite – Freccia Alata Club (SkyTeam Elite)
- Platinum Elite – Freccia Alata Plus Club (SkyTeam Elite Plus)
Without the status match, you would need 80,000 qualifying miles or 90 segments to gain Freccia Alata Plus Club status for example. So this is a quick way in if you’ve been loyal to another alliance.
As I’m Platinum on American Airlines AAdvantage program which is a part of oneworld, I’ll submit for the challenge as this means I can get SkyTeam Elite Plus privileges when I use Delta Air Lines here in the U.S.
- Priority reservation wait list (when fares permit).
- Preferred seating
- Priority check-in counters
- Priority boarding or at leisure
- Guaranteed full-fare Y-class reservation on sold-out long-haul flights, at least 24 hours prior to departure.
- Access to airport lounges worldwide, whatever the class of travel, for members in possession of a boarding pass, accompanied by a guest.
- Priority baggage handling on arrival, whatever the class of travel
You can see all the benefits of being a SkyTeam Elite here.
Hurry as it ends on December 31, 2015. Apply now and enjoy the benefits when you fly Alitalia and SkyTeam carriers including Delta in the U.S.
You can find all the details you need on Alitalia’s site.