How does it work?
The Panama Stopover by Copa Airlines allows you to stopover in Panama City. You must call reservations in order to arrange this stopover before you buy your ticket. You must be flying on an itinerary that includes only Copa Airlines and Copa Airlines Colombia. Also, its not applicable to promotional prices (L, N, and T classes). Taxes and other restrictions may apply.
Start your booking now and explore the different facets of this stopover offer.
Things to Note
- Cabins – Copa has the following cabins of service; Business Class and Economy.
- Dining – The meal service varies by cabin of service and route as well of the time of day you’re traveling. You can bring your own food onboard as long as you don’t bring alcoholic beverages. A matrix is provided for you to determine what will be served if anything during your flight. Check it out.
- In-Flight Entertainment – Entertainment is provided on the Boeing 737-700s and Boeing 737-800 aircraft.
- Baggage Policy – This does vary by elite status, destination and cabin so best check the Web site for all the rules. There’s even a baggage calculator for your convenience.
- Fleet – Copa operates a fleet of Boeing 737-700s and -800s plus the Embraer 190ARs from Copa Airlines Colombia.
- Frequent Flyer Information – The program is called ConnectMiles with three levels. Ensure you become a member if you are not already one as every mile counts. Copa is a member of the Star Alliance so you have a number of other airlines on whom you can use your miles. Remember that for the Stopover program you must fly on flights that are operated by Copa.
- Lounges – Copa’s airport Lounge is called the Copa Club. Currently there are five such Lounges throughout their route system including the shared Lounge with United Airlines in their hub in Panama. As A Star Alliance Gold member you may also access the Lounges with a same day ticket. Members of United Club are also allowed to use the Lounges. Plus, if you are a Priority Pass member you can also access the Lounge.
From its hub in Panama City, Panama, Copa serves many destinations in the Caribbean, Central America North American and South America. It also have additional destinations that are served through airline partnerships. Copa is a member of the Star Alliance network so you have access to the destinations served by those airlines. In addition, Copa has partnership with AeroMexico, Cubana, GOL and KLM. Here is a lost of popular routes/regions:
Destinations served in Canada and the U.S.
- Boston, MA (BOS)
- Chicago-O’Hare, IL (ORD)
- Houston-Intercontinental, TX (IAH)
- Las Vegas, NV (LAS)
- Los Angles, CA (LAX)
- New York-JFK, NY (JFK)
- Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL)
- San Francisco, CA (SFO)
- Toronto, ON Canada (YYZ)
Destinations served in the Caribbean
- Kingston, Jamaica (KIN)
- Oranjestad, Aruba (AUA)
- Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago (POS)
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic (PUJ)
- Willemstad, Curaçao (CUR)
Destinations served in Central America
- Guatemala City, Guatemala (GUA)
Destinations served in Mexico
- Cancun, Mexico (CUN)
- Mexico City, Mexico (MEX)
Destinations served in South America
- Buenos Aires, Argentina (EZE)
- Lima, Peru (LIM)
- Santiago, Chile (SCL)
- Sao Paolo, Brazil (GRU)